WORKSHOP FULLY BOOKED!
If you wish to be added to a wait list please email [email protected] to register your interest.
Optional pre-conference workshop will take place on Monday 12 February, 2018 at Crown Towers Perth. There is a separate registration fee of $175 p/p including afternoon tea to attend the workshop.
To register for the ARR16 Workshop, please click here
ARR16 Workshop – Urban Catchments (provisional workshop overview – subject to change)
Monday 12 February, 2018
1:00pm – 5:00pm
Crown Towers, Perth
Meeting Room 1
- Ensemble temporal patterns and the new data hub
- Infiltration Losses in urban areas
- Overview of different hydrologic methods and their suitability to urban catchments
- New standards on blockage
- Review of the urban chapters (assuming completion)
- Discussion on how ARR is being adopted for real projects across Australia
- Example culvert design using ensembles
- Example detention design using ensembles
Senior Stormwater & Flood Engineer
Sophia has 10yrs experience specialising in hydrology and hydraulics. She has been the head training for XP Solutions and was instrumental in the implementation of ARR 2016 into Innovyze software. Projects undertaken by Sophia include large scale urban drainage schemes, stormwater quality and quantity modelling and detailed design for flood mitigation works.
Dr Peter Coombes
Urban Water Cycle Solutions
Guest Presenter Bio
Dr Coombes has spent more than 30 years dedicated to the development of systems understanding of the urban, rural and natural water cycles with a view to finding optimum solutions for the sustainable use of ecosystem services, provision of infrastructure and urban planning. He has been involved in a wide range of projects, advised many clients and governments, providing strategic design, policy and economic advice to the satisfaction of governments and society. He is part of the ARR Editorial Team for Book 9 – Runoff in Urban Areas.